Magnify Mystery KAL- REVEALED!

Well, it's time to share my Magnify Cowl with you!
Magnify was Spring 2014's Mystery KAL... and what fun it was!  Magnify's knitters had no idea what they were making... and in the end it was an infinity cowl! There were some pretty silly guesses, though!
Worked in 4 different sections, the first two sections are knit separately. Then the third section is worked to join the first two sections together... basically making a scarf, and the fourth section is worked on the other two ends of the first sections turning it into a loop.  You can see more photos of the process in my Ravelry group.
Perhaps one of the more confusing things for people was how to wear it!  Your best bet is to just throw this puppy on... it's going to move around when wearing it and that way all the sections will show at some point. Hopefully these photos give you a few ideas!
The stitch plays with beads that are slipped up in between stitches, once of my favorite all time beading techniques.  I adore this saw-tooth edge and have a new shawl coming out next week that uses it too!

all photos copyright Gale Zucker

Comments

  1. Next week! I need to take photos of mine!

    Love the Magnify pictures. I hadn't seen that third through-the-loop possibility before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I learned that from Ana Cecilia! It was her brilliant idea, and works really well!

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the third "through the loop" style! And thanks, Laura, for a thoroughly enjoyed MKAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnify has been my favorite knit of everything I have made so far. The saw-tooth and the scallops design are to die for and I cannot wait until the new pattern comes out!
    Ha! I have been knitting now for one year and your "Knit This" Craftsy Class was what started me down this road from which i will never return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least it is a "good road" right? I'm glad you are on the journey with me! I'm so impressed you've only been knitting for a year and tackled Magnify! You go!!!!

      Delete
  5. I am planning another club for 2015.... I'm already plotting and scheming away! Thanks so much for "trusting" me : )!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, you are a great model and I love the nailpolish. But just reading through your blog and Nelkins Designs Rav group -- I see mention of "the M Club" and wonder what that is? DO you choose yarns and beads as a kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I see you found the answer to the ?, but in case others are wondering The M Club is an exclusive club that you can read more about here: http://www.nelkindesigns.com/mclub. I will be having another in 2015 with signups opening in September 2014!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thanks! The nailpolish was luck... I wish I could say I planned it, but I didn't!

      Delete

Post a Comment