Saba.... and back again!

The grey and cold finally got to us, and we headed out on a family get away last week.... BEST.DECISION.EVER!

We ended up on the island of Saba, which is home to the highest peak in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the shortest commercial runway in the world, the birthplace of Saban Lace... and no beaches.  So we got to hike, dive (I stay on shore for this), eat fish, drink rum, and attend a Lace Guild Meeting (aka Saban Stich N' Bitch!)!

As I like to do, here's a peek at our winter escape in pictures....
Saba
Walking towards Mount Scenery on our first day
Saba
Getting ourselves psyched for the climb
Saba
These stairs are my new favorite work out!
Saba
A birds eye view of the world's shortest commercial runway
Saba
Me and my trusty map....
Saba
Another day, another hike, and a view of a dive boat and The Pinnacle
Saba
My girl and I learned to make lampwork beads at JoBean's....
we are signing up for more classes in Corning this spring, SO FUN!
Saba
Watching a Saban Lace Sampler in action
Saba
WOW.... Saban Lace makes what I do seem like a walk in the park!
Saba
A VERY special pillow case....
Saba
The view from our porch in the early morning.... I'll be holding onto this until winter is over!

Of course the whole time I was there I worked on projects for the book... maybe not the most cost effective way to get a book written : )!

Comments

  1. Laura, The Saban Lace is so beautiful and the stairs remind me of stairs in Ithaca at Taughannock Falls.
    Looks like you had a wonderful time; I am so glad for you!
    DonnaRHayes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip Laura. Hope that you got some relaxing in there, work knitting or no. xo anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you chose Saba ( we lived on Statia which is an neighboring island for 10 years) it was awesome. Flying into Saba is a rush!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment