Stellanti: November's Adorn Anew Pattern!

Well, I've been sharing my progress on this design over the last month and I know at least a few of you are CHOMPING at the bit to get your hands on it ; )!
Introducing Stellanti, Adorn Anew's November Pattern!
Construction: Worked from the top down, with crescent shaping, this shawl design has a triangular inset with 1 x 1 ribbing that is defined by 2 contrasting color beads.  Stellanti is actually incredibly simple and easy to knit, I adore knits that take your breath away, and yet are SO easy to work!
Stellanti- Ivy
Stellanti by Lorrie- Ivy
The Yarn: The shaping of this design works perfectly with hand dyed ombre yarns like Nightfall by Fibro Fibers which has a gradient that spans the entire length of the skein.  The shawl is worked from the outside of the ball from light to dark, any gradient or sock yarn would do, though and I can't wait to see other versions of this shawl come off of people's needles!  Both Stellanti's tester's and myself knit our versions of Stellanti in Nightfall Fingering Shawl Ball but unfortunately it's not the easiest to obtain. I know Jen, the dyeing wiz behind this yarn is waiting on more base and planning on doing a shop update SOON!  She lets me know when the updates are live and I'll pass on the news in my Ravelry group, promise.  
Stellanti- Deep Turquoise
Stellanti by Justine- Deep Turquoise
The Beads: When choosing beads, you can work with two colors of beads throughout (Option A), one color of bead (Option B), beads only on the bottom edge lace ribbing (Option C), or no beads at all.  The pattern is written for all of these options.  Since I decided to work with two colors of beads I made sure that my a and b beads CONTRASTED from each other.  My “a” beads were closer to the top color in my shawl and my “b” beads were closer to the bottom border color.  Whichever yarn you chose to use, just be sure that your two bead colors really POP against each other so all that work doesn’t get lost.
Stellanti- Silver
Stellanti by Colleen- Silver
A KAL: Since Trapeze has been wrapping up it's time for another KAL, don't you think?  There are knitter's already chatting away about the yarn and bead choices in my Ravelry group.  This will be an informal KAL as I know many people are still waiting on their supplies to arrive, but we'll all be there encouraging each other, asking questions and oohhing over the possibilities... won't you join us?
Stellanti- Ivy, Teal, Silver Wine (left to right)
All our Stellanti's on my favorite photoshoot wall!
THE THANKYOU's: I certainly got help making sure Stellanti was ready for this KAL! ALL the lovely Stellanti's shown in this post were knit by myself (wine), and my testers, Justine, Lorrie, Colleen, and Jeanne (Jeanne's is not shown but is lovely too!).  Ysolda pitched in by taking some FUN photos of me at Rhinebeck as well, I haven't quite perfected being both the model and photographer yet!  Thanks to Kate for tech editing, and Ann for copy editing... what a team!
Stellanti- Deep Turquoise
So, are you dying to cast on?  Stellanti is available both individually and as part of Adorn Anew... you choose. 

Comments

  1. So beautiful! And my mother-in-law would love it, so looks like she's getting one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that Jen of the Nightfall yarns is your "dyeing wiz" not a dying one. The latter would be such a shame! This design is gorgeous, as are Jen's yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops... off to fix that, we definitely don't want Jen to die... we like her yarn too much!

      Delete
  3. Beauty, beauty, beauty! The pictures are wonderful and I'm happy I got a sneak peek in the realz at Sheep and Wool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment