Butin Earrings: August's Adorn Pattern

August’s Adorn design, Butin Earring, was designed as a complement June’s pattern Butin Collar.

The earrings are based on FOUR stitches of knitting, with beads slipped up into a delicate swag.  Trials on this pattern were particularly challenging as I worked on a way to naturally keep the bottom swag spread out and not too droopey... you should see some of the first few prototypes : )!

Now that I have the pattern down it takes me less than an hour to make a pair and they are addictive to whip up…. just sayin’. There is even a video link provided in the pattern for attaching the earring finding!!!!

Play around with various yarns, wire, and beads for a completely different look.  I've got a few other versions in the works I'll show you later this week! 


And something a little exciting?  There are also kits available to match the Butin Collar kits  if you don’t have easy access to beads and findings.

Comments

Post a Comment