Like a chicken with it's head cut off!

Yup, that's me, ya know why?  I have NOTHING on my needles!!!  I'm in shock and kinda at a standstill... I've been in the middle of a sweater design for a bit and I finally finished it. During that time I didn't let myself start any new designs or projects and all of a sudden this week I realized I had finished everything on my needles!  (I do have a bunch of submissions in the works, but those don't count.)

I finished this:
Andrea's Shawl by Kristen Kapur of Through the Loops
Yarn: Kitchen Sink Dyeworks; Merino/Bamboo Fingering  Color: Odd Duck!

and some baby pants for my friend's wee one (she's a reader, so no pic of those!), and the new sweater design (I'll share that soon, I promise.)

And I aint' got nada, zilch, kaput on my needles, UNACCEPTABLE!

So, let's talk about what we all want to knit: 
Besides all the crazy ideas flying around in my head for new designs I really want to make a Moorish Mosaic Afghan out of Schaefer's Nichole for our guestroom and my hubby a seamless yoked pullover like the one he used to always wear when we first met:
The sweater for my man needs to be a sport weight wool that is not itchy, has great "structure" and comes in neutral colors will be fun to play with.  Anybody have any ideas for a yarn? 

What are you working on right now, and what do you want to drop everything and do?

Oh, and, I'm a bit smitten with Sprossling!


Comments

  1. Right now I'm working on mittens: a pair of doll mittens for a cousin and Fiddlehead mittens (my first attempt at following a colour chart!) for myself. I love knitting mittens - they don't take to long, lots of variations and they don't use too much yarn so you can experiment with pricier stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your new knits! As for your man's sweater, mine really likes one I made him in Jo Sharp DK tweed. It's roughly half silk, so not at all itchy, and the garment has remained structurally sound for the last four or five years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I want to drop everything and do? Well there are two skeins of amazing Shaefer Audrey in my stash that "someone" sent. All I can do is think about them. Cannot wait to have the time to cast on.

    Your Andrea's Shawl is lovely. I love the spring green that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Funny thing is I knit an almost identical sweater for my man about two years ago and to deal with the itch factor I used sport weight alpaca. He loves it.
    When we were first married many , many years ago I knit him so many lopi sweaters and he wore them to death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl looks so lovely! I know you were waiting for the right project for that yarn, and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment